September 03, 2004

 

homework at mcdonald's

::::: My latest Desktop Craze ::


What if you could fit your whole life all your music, all your photos, all your movies, all your email in a computer as fun and useful as an iPod? Now you can. Introducing the futuristic iMac G5 in 17- and 20-inch widescreen models. The entire computer, including a G5-based logic board, slot-loading optical drive, hard disk, speakers, and even the power supply dwells inside the enchanting display. *drool~*

you need QuickTime to view this G5 clip. click http://www.apple.com/imac/video/320.html to view clip. for more info, click http://www.apple.com/imac/


When is the last time you did your study/ homework at Macdonalds? did you remember or did you? i was at YMCA chilling with my colleagues during lunch. we were amazed as this branch of the fastfood giant still attracts a lot of students here. just like good old school days. but something caught my radar scanning for pretty girls.* yesh, in my time, YMCA is a good old girls hunting ground*

one couple was cuddling motionless. with pencils, highlighters, pencil cases, notes, papers textbooks....practically everything essential for a study on the table. but none of their hands or head were on them. they were looking so deeply in each other eyes, feeling each other warmth( both of them were lighly clothed). now now...

colleague A: " i thought they are here to study?? "

xiaoqiang: " yeah... they are here to study anatomy..."

colleague B, giggling : " just by staring??? "

xiaoqiang, with both index fingers on his temples: " kekeke.. nowadays, anything is possible. i am not surprised they are doing it telepathly. their eyes is the point of contact. just like sending data via infra-red port from one handphone to another"

colleague C: "wah you very chim ( profound in hokkien) leh...what if they blink? "

colleague B: " data lost, then transmission interrupted. "

colleague C: " let's set bet how long they take to do a blink. "

All : " SIAO~!!"

colleague C: " TIMES UP!!! back to work. "

xiaoqiang : " Chey~! mai lai lah. ( oh come on in hokkien) "

it's really amazing how they revise their homework; i mean how long they can look into each other eyes, cuddle AND without touching their notes. with other students( mostly JC students ) around them, scribbling notes, joking, etc. i don't remember myself doing this. though i usually do my homework somewhere except home. that also reminds me of the Macdonald previously located at Balestier Point. hmmm.. i missed that place. just full of memories.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another post of Mr Brown - Shellfish Singaporeans

They only think of themselves — when it comes to lift upgrading or parking space in front of their houses

I TELL you, ah, Singaporeans, hor, all very shellfish one. Always think about themselves only.

The Singaporean mantra is: "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what your Government can do for you."

I mean, look how selfish they are with Lift Upgrading. How dare those people exercise their right to vote and cause us to lose our chance to get lifts on every floor! Very selfish, you know. The other 74.9 per cent wanted the lifts, and all because the 25.1 per cent voted "No" (or, like a horse, "Neigh"), we won't get our lifts! How selfish is that?I mean, $3,000 is already very subsidised by the Government leh. Surely these neigh-sayers have $3,000 lying around somewhere, in the CPF or savings account, right? Everyone should have that kind of money on stand-by to take advantage of such great Government offers.

Don't give me the excuse that they cannot afford the $3,000 because they haven't had a job for the last 18 months, or that they don't like the dust and loss of privacy! We are living in a community, they should not think of only themselves. Majority wins, what. I was not only thinking about myself when I voted for the lift, you know. I was thinking of the others who also wanted the lift like me. That is what being a community is about. Being of one mind as long as the other minds have the same opinion as me. Unity in Uniformity. These anti-lift voters are just being non-Team Players.

In fact, I think having lifts on every floor is so important to social equality and democracy that we should take away the voting part and just make it compulsory. This is a free country, you know.

At the very least, if not make it compulsory, at least move the cut-off point down to a reasonable percentage, preferably to the point where I will get what I want. The last time this exercise was voted on, it was 69 per cent instead of the 75 per cent needed. So let's make the new cut-off point to 68 per cent to prevent this kind of freak result happening again.

Or better yet, make it fluid. Whatever is the final vote, make the cut-off point 1 per cent below those that voted in favour of what I, er... what we, wanted. Or vote again and again until we get the result we wanted. You know, the Second Chance approach. Or also known as the I-Can't-Believe-They-Voted-Against-It-Let's-Vote-Again approach.

After all, it benefits most of the community, especially me. So why should we let this important decision be put in the hands of selfish people who do not know a good deal when they see it? Wait till they get old, or they get crippled, then they will know. Not that I am cursing them or anything.

Sure, I bought the flat on the floor without the lift, because at that time, I wanted privacy. I mean, who doesn't, right? But now, I think, maybe being able to get into my flat without climbing stairs contributes more to my quality of life, so I think I have the right to drag everybody into wanting a lift too.

This is why we are urged to always be receptive to upgrading. Why, even the lift exercise is called Lift Upgrading Programme, or LUP. It is an improvement (hence the word Upgrading) and we should all embrace it. If it was not a positive or upgrading thing, they would have named it a more neutral Lift Installing Programme (LIP).

I think Singaporeans are selfish with their parking lots. Especially those who live near places of religious worship. Who asked them to buy a house so near a church? You have to expect some small inconveniences when you live in such an area. And why so selfish about the space in front of your house?

We should all share. That is a godly trait, right? And besides, it's only once a week, what. It's not like I park in front of your house everyday. You pay road tax, I also pay road tax. Your house is your house, but that road in front of your house belongs to everyone. So of course, I can park there. Ok, so when I park there, you cannot get out of your house.

But surely nothing you plan to go out for is as important as me practising my religion?

Singapore protects the freedom of worship very strictly, you know. You cannot just come rushing into my church and raising a ruckus just because your car is blocked by my car parked in front of your house. That's sinful and unlawful behaviour.

Even the Singapore police is selfish. They should at least give us some warning before they take action. Instead they came down and booked everyone parking along the road. And right after that media coverage of the man who disrupted the service too. Who would have known the police would come the following week?

And I parked near the junction for so many years, not blocking anyone, and the cop booked me that weekend after the media hoohah. How unfair is that? I know it is against the traffic law, but I got away with it for so many years, surely that merely warrants a warning and not a summon?

Now, even some of our neighbours across the Causeway are selfish. Never look after their chickens, now we cannot get our eggs. And worse, now those who sell fish are also selfish. Strike about some Second Link rule, and make our local fish prices go up. Isn't there a rule that makes it compulsory for those workers to stop striking? I will vote in favour of that. Or at least summon them.

Wait I drive my car and park in front of their Causeway then they know.

mr brown is the accidental author of a popular website that has been documenting the dysfunctional side of Singapore life since 1997. Contrary to popular belief, he is a big supporter of lift upgrading, because he doesn't want to kena cursed.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?