December 01, 2003

 
event horizon


xiaoqiang's words :gotten another love story from my friend. little editing was done to the story to keep it as original.
"our lives is a daily never-rehearsed drama. some was a routine of events. alot of events wasn't meant to happen but they happened. it even happened without obeying the rules of the game. it happened in movies and it has happened in real life. some said this event is beyond god's will. and only mortals have this power and ability. i call such events, miracle."


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

singapore true love stories - only time will tell (part 1/2)

also playing Spandau Ballet - t r u e

++

4 yrs is a long time to tell an intense story. But I'll try putting it in a way, short n sweet. I never meant for it to happen. Never thought I could love someone like this. But I did.

I was 17, just gotten into polytechinc. Fresh, and full of zest for the future. Been a natural owl all my life, and nights without the internet was hell. Never been active in social life, yet secretly yearning for a boyfriend. My friend gave me this number to call- one of those 1900 numbers. but this one only for ladies, and they charge normal toll rates.

So I called, and got addicted to talking to strangers over the phone.
Meeting up guys from the "network", didn't stay in contact after that,
but that didn't stop me from calling every night. Dated one of the guys for less than a month, I guess we were too different.

I was lonely.

Then, I found this guy, who also hates eating durians, and cuttlefish. Our birthdays are only 4 days apart. We could talk for hours, for days, until one party fell asleep while still holding on to the phone...

On the 9th day, he asked me if I would like to be together with him.
We haven't even met each other before. I cried, partly out of surprise and also bursting with happiness .We met soon after. initial impression - he is an Ah Beng! Those ugly curry-puff hair, those leather shoes, the knitted long sleeved top. The first meeting didn't go well, I made excuses and left with my friends. But we decided to give it a try anyway. Considering he's not too bengish. Watched Meet Joe Black at his house, shared a pizza. both feeling the peace and warmth of each other's presence...

Yes, we were very much in love. He told me, with tears in his eyes, that he would never thought he'll find me. Had a few failed relationships, but I opened his heart again. And I am The One.

My family had some financial difficulties then. Couldn't afford to pay my tuition fees. He helped, and he gave me allowance. Very generous of him, and I too, thought he was The One. I thought the search was over, too soon to be true even.

My sister questioned me about him one day. She was quite disappointed that I didn't pick someone more educated, older than me (he's one year younger than me), and someone with a future. Not a school dropout with tattoos. She also hinted to me, not to stay with someone for the money, which isn't the case! I kept going out, staying out and basically ignored my family. And I do sort of hated them for objecting to our relationship. We believed we could overcome all these, and prove to them.

Only time will tell.


to be continue...
++


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?