June 07, 2003

 
i keep having this problem whereby whenever i load my own blog.. the entire page ends at where counter.i duno why this is happening... yet my frens is able to see the whole thing...(hmmm...)initially i thought its my browser problem, i reset to default and the fault still there.. den i tot its the html code which i cut and paste from MS Frontpage.. so i change the whole code... the problem is still there...ARGHHH~! (.\/.)
tell you, if i dun solve this problem.. i neva have peace... i accidentally click on " restore down" ( the button found on the top right hand corner, between the [x] and [_]).

...............................................pause[||]...................................................

i able to see the entire page.........when i maximise the page again.. i still able to see the entire page.. i able to see my past posts....(",)..i juz feel the nerves in my head juz gotten released.. blood started to flow again to the rest of the head.. whahahahha abit exaggerating.... okie..
the story below is not from the "mei" i knew of..but a true story quoted..
sometimes it just gives me hope n warmth that in this concrete jungle of our own.. there is something which has no form of its own like time which we all knew it exists..aware of tis existence.. it comes and slip away leaving behind grieves, happiness, miracles.. its a gift which separates us from the flora and fauna on this earth... endless songs has be written to talk about it..we humans named this formless thing, LOVE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
singapore true love story( i felt like i am the Russell Lee 0.5)

quoted from mei: (also playing Elvis Presley - I Cant Help Falling In Love With You)


I took a deep breath. Was I seeing things? How could he betrayed me.......?

Life became coloured when I got to know Gary. Things were simple, he had finished his national service and we were in the same course in 'U' we studied and the friends we both knew introduced him to me. Although he might not be a dashing guy who would sweep your feet off, he just had that warming smile everytime he saw me. Really, things were simple, going out for dates, little hugs and kisses every now and then, talks over any topic around the world, and I'm attracted to that goofy smile.....

Things were fine in the beginning, we graduated and he got a job at XX Bank. as an finance executive, whereas,as I wanted to try something different in my life, I got a job as a operations executive at a hotel, which is far from what I've studied. Perhaps we were in a different industry, things got slowed down between us. No longer talks about anything but figures, figures, figures. He talked about his colleagues to me, grumbling why he was not credited when he helped the bank to earn so much, how much clients he had attracted and things were just not the same anymore. I didn't even remember that familiar smile on his face. Unknowingly at times, I started staring at his face blankly, thinking where had that smile gone too. He shook me up, asking me if I was ok. I woke up, and said nothing. Perhaps with this gap, we had drifted somehow. No longer this is called a relationship, it was a routine, yet not a promising one.

To make things worse, before that problem surfaced, my father had contracted throat cancer. We were not a rich family, and the whole family would have to depend on me for the medical treatments. I did not want to approach anyone, I did not even let Gary know about this. Times I had rejected him to go out for dates as I took up part time jobs. He was confused, and that even drifted us more. I understood I should tell him, but I did not want him to worry too much.

To one point of time, we stopped seeing each other. We only met once in a month, and my father's medical bills were pilling, I couldn't almost cope. I was working very hard and I almost broke down psychologically. Finally one day, when I was at my part-time work place, I almost stopped breathing. It was Gary, with another girl's hand around his arm, talking to a guy friend. I was confused. I did not know how to react. I just frooze there. To a point of time, when I saw that guy friend went off, I woke up. I could not be bother with the job anymore, took my bag, and stormed to that man who had that shock face I had never seen. He betrayed me.

I slapped him, without a word, I stormed off. I did not know what to say. I just hailed a taxi and reached home. I felt hot on my face. I didn't know what to think, or rather, I didn't want to think anymore. When I had reached home, I walked into my room. I felt hot on my face, and that was when I felt hot tears were streaming down my cheeks. I broke down quietly. I didn't know how long was I in the room, but all I could hear was the ringing of my handphone.

"Mei, this is Mum, can I come in?",I heard my mum said. I opened the door, and little I expected was Gary. I tried pushing back the door, but I was too weak to do anything and I fell down. He quickly helped me up, but i tried pushing him away. The door was closed and I wanted to scream at him. I really wanted, but no words came out of my mouth.

"Mei, you've mistaken. Please, listen to me, I didn't do whatever you've saw. It was a misunderstanding. Trust me. That girl was Rachel, our classmate, remember? I was dining with her with a business contract, when later that guy appeared. Rachel just slipped her hands around me and told that guy I was her boyfriend. I was shocked initially, and decided to ask her why she did that after that guy left. After that slap, she told me she was getting back at that guy, who was her current boyfriend, but as he's married and she was not told, she wanted to get back to her. Little she expect you were there."

"Mei, I don't know if you trust me. But I really can't bear to make you sad, it hurts me very deeply. I know there are some difficulties in your family, and that is why I was on business just now." At this point of time, Gary shoved an evenlope to me. " Although you may not tell me, but I have already knew what happen. Please Mei, don't be mad."

Tears kept rolling down the once familiar face I've remembered. Gary was crying. I couldn't believe it. I finally see the old Gary I know, who talks to me like we used to. No longer that proud man I felt I was with. I opened the evenlope. It was a cheque of $15,000. Later I got to know he already knew about my father's condition long ago, but he did not say anything but worked doubly hard. When times I rejected him to go out, he started work real hard and saved up the money for me.

I finally broke down. Broke down that wall between us. While hugging him, I came to an conclusion: I should have known better to let him know earlier. A couple needed to communicate to maintain a relationship. I don't know how long I can live, but so long I have that mouth of breath, I'll still love him. And that goofy smile of his

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?